Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Review of My Own Essay

1. Whose views am I representing?
- I am representing my own views and the views of the residents that live in K/E. There is also a lot of background information about my subculture. It is all pretty much balanced out equally, although there might be a little more background information than anything.
2. How am I organizing?
-I am organizing my paper with sub headings. This will keep my paper in order by category and not chronologically.
3. How do I represent my informants?
-My informants are represented by interviews I have conducted with them over the course of my research. I think I have included enough details for the reader to visualize what is being said.
4. What details do I use?
- When talking about different places in paper I use a lot of detail such as things you see, smell, and hear. These types of details give an excellent visual for the reader, and I think they will know what it's like to be there.
5. What assumptions and positions do I bring to my interpretation?
-I have taken a lot of positions while writing this paper, but I don't really reveal them because I do not want my paper to be biased. I want the reader to make their own assumptions about the subculture. Since the subculture is a floor community of a bunch of girls, there are definitely a lot of assumptions and tensions to be seen and found.
6. Could the information be presented in a different way and still be the same?
- I guess I could present the information in a way where I give more of my opinion and state my positions on a few topics and still inform the reader of the important information.

2 comments:

  1. you did a really good job on your presentation! sounds like your hall is a good time!

    ReplyDelete